Thursday 13 June 2013

Parklife

Last weekend I went to Parklife, a two day non-camping festival in Manchester. As I much preferred the Sunday lineup and because of work, we only went for one day, however in my opinion this was the  much better day. So we set off Sunday morning on the train to Manchester, where we arrived and then had to work out how to get a tram over to Heaton Park. Luckily, this wasn't too stressful and we arrived at around half past one, after the gates had opened.

The weather was sunny and warm but not too hot, and lucky for us there was a lot of space on the barrier of the mainstage, meaning we got front row.

Despite having to stand for over ten and a half hours, we got to see some great artists and bands, such as Wretch 32, Rita Ora (who I'm not a huge fan of but who had a surprisingly good voice) and Example - one of my favourites. It was a great day and despite getting four hours sleep that night and having achey feet, it was well worth the time and money, and providing the lineup is good I will definitely be going again next year!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun! such great artist too! I love Rita Ora and Example :)

    Sinead || http://sineaddreamingagain.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! I'm not a massive Rita Ora fan personally but I love Example, I'd definitely recommend it if you live in/near Manchester or even just fancied a trip!

      Delete